Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fisher Autopsy


 Saturday one of my friends was out walking int the woods behind my house.Later he called me and said how he found a dead fisher in my woods. So on Monday of the next week the heat went out at school so we got out early. I had some friends over that afternoon and we went out looking for the fisher. We found it half under an old rotten tree. it looked very fresh and nothing had eaten it, so we put in a bag and brought it to the five rivers pathology lab. There we got to watch as the pathologist did an autopsy on it. He said that there were no signs of trauma or disease and that he (it was a male) looked very healthy other than the fact that it was dead. His last meal was a grey squirrel.  We are now waiting for the lab tests.

SONG OF THE FISHER http://soundbible.com/1075-Fisher-Cat.html

1 comment:

  1. I just found out that Michael Pollan and Maira Kalman have teamed up to produce a version of Food Rules that she illustrated. Sounds like fun and makes me want to trade in my un-illustrated copy!!

    ReplyDelete